Granola bars are always a great option for an afternoon snack. They are quick, tasty, and healthy (well, most of the time). Some of the cheaper, store-bought bars contain a ton of high fructose corn syrup.
Thankfully, Meg from WhatsUpMoms has a simple recipe for homemade granola bars. Best of all, they don”t require any baking in an oven, and can be made gluten-free. They”re tasty, healthy, quick, and easy. I certainly know what I”ll be making tonight!
These granola bars are the perfect way to energize your kids. What”s great about this recipe is how it offers quite a bit of versatility when it comes to fruit choices. It lets you add simple flavors, wholesome ingredients, and lots of crunch. You”ll have to exercise a bit of self control to not eat these in one go!
Here”s the recipe, as posted by Ann to her YouTube channel, WhatsUpMoms.
– 1 cup dates, pitted
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
– 3/4 cup almonds, chopped if you like
– 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten free for GF bars)
– 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup dried, unsweetened cherries
1) Put dates in food processor and process until it rolls into a ball.
2) Bring honey and peanut butter to a simmer in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to combine.
3) Place oats, almonds, cherries and chocolate chips in a bowl. Add peanut butter mixture and dates. Stir to combine.
4) Line 8×8 dish with plastic wrap. Drop in mixture and flatten (using wet hands if needed).
5) Put in fridge for at least 1 hour. Remove and cut into bars. Store in airtight container.